This AUP governs the use of LinkAlone’s web hosting service. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and LinkAlone regarding the interpretation of this AUP, LinkAlone’s interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern. If you have any questions regarding this AUP, contact our support departement.
1. Offensive Content or Links
You may not publish, transmit, or upload via or to LinkAlone’s service any content (including Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, blogs, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any Internet service provided by LinkAlone) that LinkAlone reasonably believes:- contains expressions of hate, abuse, offensive images or conduct, obscenity, pornography, or sexually explicit material;
- contains hacker sites, programs or archives, pirated software, warez / torrents sites, gambling sites, collection of personal data, loans, credit score, adult sites, religious sites, bank sites, bank information or questionnaire forms;
- could give rise to any civil or criminal liability;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- infringes or assists others on infringing on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- violates or promotes violation of local, state, national, or international laws, including those regarding drugs, export control, gambling, or arms trafficking;
- Commerce with arms, guns - even if allowed by other countries and/or blogging/websites about arms, guns;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to LinkAlone; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against LinkAlone by offended viewers.; or
- restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying LinkAlone’s service or website, or which, in the judgment of LinkAlone, exposes LinkAlone or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
3. Bulk Commercial E-Mail
You must obtain LinkAlone’s advance approval for any bulk commercial e-mail, which will not be given unless you are able to demonstrate all of the following toLinkAlone’s reasonable satisfaction:- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You retain evidence of the recipient’s consent in a form that may be promptly produced on request, and you honor recipient’s and LinkAlone’s requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request.
- The body of the e-mail must describe how the e-mail address was obtained, for example, “You opted in to receive this e-mail promotion from our Web site or from one of our partner sites,” and information on how to request evidence of the consent, for example, “If you would like to learn more about how we received your e-mail address please contact us at email@example.com
- You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to easily revoke their consent – such as a link in the body of the e-mail, or instructions to reply with the word “Remove” in the subject line. Revocations of consent are honored within 72 hours, and you notify recipients that their revocation of their consent will be honored in 72 hours;
- You must post an abuse@**yourdomain.com** e-mail address on the first page of any Web site associated with the e-mail, you must register that address at abuse.net, and you must promptly respond to messages sent to that address;
- You have the means to track anonymous complaints;
- You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner. Your e-mail must include the recipients e-mail address in the body of the message or in the “TO” line of the e-mail; and
- You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
These policies apply to messages sent using your LinkAlone service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your LinkAlone service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
LinkAlone may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.
4. Unsolicited E-Mail
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it.
You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your LinkAlone’s services.
5. Material Protected by Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner;
- you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
LinkAlone will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.
- Any order asociated with a nonexistent domain name will be treated as SPAM and your account will be banned and rejected from our system.
- If your account is found doing SPAM (blogging and chatting are included) then will be banned and terminated immediately without notice.
- No refund policy for spammers.
LinkAlone is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers’ activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the LinkAlone network.
8. Internet Abuse
You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to LinkAlone and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting; or
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the LinkAlone’s network.
- Use of LinkAlone’s network in a way that unreasonably interferes with LinkAlone’s other customers use of the network.
9. Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings. These groups usually prohibit the posting of off-topic commercial messages, or mass postings to multiple forums.